Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Waiting Time

I'm still spending time decluttering and baby proofing the house when I'm not at work. Three bookcases are finally complete and I'm left with three more to go. I must tackle those seldom used kitchen cabinets next. Those cups on the top shelf that I haven't touched in three years, do I really need them? I don't think so. This really isn't the most fascinating stuff to write about, so I haven't.

As I've stated before, no matter the state of your finances, you must find joy in your life. We took the grandbaby to the library and to the beach to walk the small pier. While he watched the sun set at the waters edge we watched the happiness on his face. When we arrived back at home we watched the grandbaby get really stuck in to an ice cream cone. Small pleasures for frugal folks tackling their debt.

I plan not to shop in April. Our pantry is stocked and we need no household goods. Besides milk, bread, sandwich meat, produce, and juice we won't need a thing. It's a good place to be because I hate shopping. We plan to take the grandbaby to the zoo and the dog for a checkup and updated shots. Other than that we don't need a thing, so all extra money will go to savings.

I'm still planning a Florida escape (from not to) and it may just be possible before the major heat settles. I dread the summers here.

6 comments:

  1. I love decluttering & getting rid of "stuff"... I think I should do that soon! We have SOO much food in the house I'm hoping to pare down my food budget for April too... We shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your go gettedness. If you have any more energy left after finishing your place, you're welcome down here. I've got lots you could do.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your life, WP. Maybe cuz I just love you. Finding the simple things to enjoy and savor trumps STUFF every time.

    Too bad we don't live closer to one another.

    Sigh...

    Hugs
    Mother Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does not take much to entertain babies and small children. I never understand why people take children to Disney Land or World, spending money when the child would be just as happy with other simpler pleasures.

    When I was a child, thankfully, the zoo was free. We spent many happy hours there. We would have a picnic afterwards...all free, entertaining, and educational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, I'm glad that we could help you reach your decision about the debt payoff. Glad to hear that the car repair was relatively minor.
    I'm gradually decluttering my place and getting rid of stuff that I haven't used in years, maybe decades. Last spring I went through my kitchen cabinets and built-in china cabinet and got rid of stuff I'd forgotten I had!
    I've also recently stocked up on non-perishables and canned goods to avoid the higher prices that I know are coming this summer. I used to do that on a regular basis. I'm trying to get back in the habit of "hoarding" again.
    Keep on enjoying this time with your grandson. You're both so fortunate to be together like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's all about the small moments. Glad you are savoring yours.

    ReplyDelete