Friday, February 12, 2010

Hard Decisions

This is one of those days where it really hurts to be a member of the working poor. This morning my brother called to let me know our father is in the hospital. He left his apartment to get the mail and collapsed in the hall. A neighbor found him and drove him to the hospital. The doctor said he has acute leukemia now and he has no more than two months.

I have no sick days and my small amount of vacation hasn't kicked in yet for the year. My brother is leaving in the morning and I can ride up with him "IF" I can afford to take a week off of work. I'm working today and going over my bills tonight to see if I can afford to be gone for that amount of time. I have no idea at this point whether I am going or not.

3 comments:

  1. WP: No easy choices and no easy words I can offer. Just know that I am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to go. I've watched my sister-in-law struggle with that dilemna and there are no easy answers.

    ReplyDelete