Saturday, March 6, 2010

Even More Work Grumbles

I've been training for a new position at my current job and my work hours are even longer now. The position itself is not that bad, and the hours are just a little longer as long as everything goes well and I get out on time. I just haven't had any time to write lately because I run everyone else to work, do a few household chores, and then get ready and head to work myself.

The only problem as I train for this advancement, is in the back of my mind I am thinking of leaving. It has to be really bad for me to consider a change at this point because I would most likely have to purchase a car to travel any further for work. We have four in the house now with four jobs and one car. I really want to keep it at one car now because with the tag, tax, insurance savings I'm whittling down my debt.

There are no perfect jobs, at least from what I have seen. Some are better than others, but there is always something. I feel as if Chicken Little is running the place where I work now. It seems as if the rules are always changing and we are always reacting to customer polls and what corporate says trying to please everyone. The newest thing is the dress code, even though we have the same policy from corporate and the same posters, our store management is changing it slightly. They are sending people home for having the wrong color undershirt, writing up people for losing their plastic name tag, and in general just going crazy. I can understand if the staff was not following policy, but they were doing everything right. One manager even went so far as to make a few employees lift their pant leg so to ensure they were wearing the correct color socks. This is a fairly simple job and it started out as completely stress free. This is rapidly changing. When you have to have a pep talk with yourself every day just to make yourself go to work something needs to change.

Thank you to anyone who listened to me ramble. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment